Highlights of Our Strategic Plan
1. Create a website with links to key resiliency topics, including energy, high performance buildings, food and water security, emergency preparedness, economic risk management, and public policy.
2. Hold a Community Resiliency Initiative Launch event in early 2015.
3. Organize the Resilient Virginia Conference, in the first quarter of 2016, which will:
- inform community members, business leaders, and state and local officials about resiliency concepts,
- provide outstanding examples of communities moving toward resiliency in Virginia, the nation, and internationally, and
- carry out participatory workshops to bring together key stakeholders by regions to develop resilient community goals and strategies.
4. Following the conference, Resilient Virginia will work with state and national partners to offer sector-oriented training, workshops, and presentations on resiliency strategies.
Find out more about our Strategic Plan (PDF document).