The MARISA website includes resources and interactive data tools for determining changes in precipitation levels and temperatures in Mid-Atlantic areas.
Interactive data tools for precipitation include
- Projected Changes in Total Monthly Precipitation
- Differences from “Normal” Total Annual Precipitation
- Changes in Seasonal Total Precipitation from 1976 to Present
- Changes in Future Seasonal Total Precipitation
- Future Precipitation Impacts on Stormwater Management (Pittsburgh, PA region)
Interactive data tools for temperature include
- Longest Stretch of High Heat Days
- Future Differences from “Normal” Temperature
- Historical Change in Date of Last Freeze and First Warm Day
- Future Projected Changes in Date of Last Freeze and First Warm Day
- Average Annual Number of Growing Degree Days from Global Climate Model Data
- Average Annual Number of Growing Degree Days from Historic Observations
For other weather events, the site has an interactive map for reported frequency, intensity, and crop and property damage from Mid-Atlantic Tropical Storms and Hurricanes.
Click here for more information.