The Virginia Farm-to-Table Plan was developed to help build a strong, demographically diverse, profitable, and sustainable farm and food sector across Virginia. The Team drew on the expertise of over 1,920 individuals across Virginia who work in agriculture, aquaculture, fishing, education, finance, philanthropy, nutrition, community planning and economic development, land and natural resources conservation, public policy, local and state government, academics, and youth development over 15 months to develop the Farm-to-Table Plan of Action.
This Plan of Action contains the top 8 recommendations for immediate implementation and action based on:
- How powerful the action is likely to be to implementing the strategic priority;
- How practical the action is;
- If the action is doable in a timeframe of 1-2 years;
- If the action is affordable (people, effort, and money); and
- If the action is politically feasible.
Click here for more information.